Saturday 1 October 2016

Black-Tailed Skimmers

I haven't done a huge amount of photography this summer but I did manage a few sessions at a local nature reserve photographing the Black-Tailed Skimmer dragonflies. I was fortunate to find one as it was emerging from its larval stage, something that I never tire of watching.

PLEASE CLICK TO ENLARGE IMAGES

This first one was taken with my Tokina 35mm macro lens to show the newly emerged dragonfly in its natural environment:



I also photographed the same scene with my Laowa 15mm wideangle macro lens. This obviously provides a much wider field of view:



and here's a recently emerged individual, photographed with the Tokina 35mm:



and finally two more conventional portraits of a female Black-Tailed Skimmer, this time photographed with my Olympus E-M1 and Olympus 60mm macro lens:






No comments:

Post a Comment