Thursday 26 April 2012

New Meet Your Neighbours Images


I'm still waiting for some warmer weather to appear but I've managed to photograph a few different species for the Meet Your Neighbours project in recent weeks (see the project website or this post to find out more). Here's a little selection:


PLEASE CLICK ON IMAGES TO ENLARGE


A small Nomada Bee sleeping with its jaws locked onto a piece of conifer



A Sitona species Weevil



A female Tawny Mining Bee



A Green Lacewing



A Tawny Mining Bee on Flowering Redcurrant



and a nice copper coloured Ground Beetle (Poecilus cupreus) 



2 comments:

  1. Awesome shots, Matt. The weevil is my fav out of the six.

    I've just invested in a Canon EF 100mm f2.8 Macro USM, so looking forward to capturing some macro images this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Andy. That's a nice lens, I'm sure you'll enjoy using it.

    ReplyDelete