Wednesday 11 April 2012

BBC Wildlife Magazine

My image of a night-time Garden Snail is published in the May issue of BBC Wildlife magazine.


PLEASE CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE 




This image is a good example of an image taken to fullfil a specific requirement of a magazine. It's not an image I would normally have taken, not least because I'm generally not keen on black backgrounds. But the magazine wanted an image of a Garden Snail at night with its tentacles extended - so that's what they got and I'm very pleased that they printed it. Incidentally, until I read the article I didn't realise that the small black dots at the top of the tentacles are actually eyes, albeit fairly primitive ones.

I'm also very pleased to have been offered an online gallery on the BBC Wildlife magazine website which should go live in mid May. Other galleries can be seen by following this link.

4 comments:

  1. Well done on the snail shot - it's always a feather in the cap to get into Wildlife.
    Congrats on the on-line gallery as well. I'll look out for it!

    Simon

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Simon, much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well doneand congratulations - look forward to the new gallery.

    Shaun

    ReplyDelete